Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Green Bean Casserole

Green Bean Casserole has got to be by far my favorite holiday dish. Something that I love so much that it's made for every holiday and there's always a comment about how it's, " Alyssa's fav." A couple of years ago I started being the person who made it everything Thanksgiving. It was easy and cheap to make for my low budget. Slowly I started playing around with it and I feel like I perfected it! I could eat this every day if it wasn't for the fact that I think my thighs would gain an inch every week.

Ingredients:
3 cups of fresh green beans
One tablespoon of soy sauce
1 can of cream of mushroom
One container of french onion crisps
Half of a cup of chopped mushrooms
One cup of milk
Salt and Pepper to taste








Mix cream of mushroom, soy sauce, mushrooms, milk, and 1 cup of french onion crisps into a casserole dish. Mix until nice and smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well again.








Add in green beans and cook at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes covered. Do not add any onion crisps to the top at this point.







After 30 minutes has passed take casserole out of the oven and smother the top with the rest of the onion crisps. Bake for another 10-20 minutes uncovered. Make sure to check often so you do not burn the top of the casserole.


Enjoy!!!
- AlyssaJoJo

1 comment:

  1. This is DELICIOUS!!! Make it!!! You'll never go back to canned or frozen green beans again! <3 Mama Lanette

    ReplyDelete