Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tuna Casserole

Sorry for this being a day late! I have to say that Mama Lanette gave me a nasty cold which has ended with me sleeping a good 17 hours out of the day. Some how though I managed to get in a recipe for you all. Something simple, hot, and what I consider a comfort food. Tuna Casserole. Yummmm!

Ingredients:
2 103/4 ounce cream of mushroom soup
2 cups of frozen peas
2 12 ounce cans light tuna in water
5 cups of cooked egg noodles
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste







Ingredient notes: Garlic is not needed for the dish - I just love garlic so much I try to add it to everything. You can also pick the 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup to try and make the dish a little healthier. And lastly you can add butter to the bread crumbs to make a tastier breaded top.




Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bring a pot of water to boil. Add egg noodles and boil til cooked. While noodles boil add cream of mushroom soup, frozen peas, tuna, garlic, milk, and salt and pepper into a 8X11 pan and mix well. Drain noodles and add noodles to mixture and mix well. Place dish in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Take out and sprinkle bread crumbs over dish and bake for another ten minutes.
 




Recipe Notes: My favorite thing to do with this dish is to mix some powdered Parmesan cheese in with it. It seems to just make it even more tasty!!








Hopefully by the time it comes to do next weeks recipe I'm feeling a little bit better. The last thing I want to do right now is spend any time in the kitchen. Bleh!!! If Mama Lanette was here I would be giving her dirty looks for passing on her sickness to me. Boo!!!

xoxo
AlyssaJoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment